Position Title : Mentoring Coordinator
Responsible to: Senior Pastor / CE Committee, will work with as a team member with the Adult Ministry Pastor, other adult ministry directors and small group leaders.
You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. 2 Timothy 2:1-2
Mentoring has two main aspects: one, it is learning, and then, it is being a coach to the learner.
As a mentor, your role is to teach and inspire by words and example, so you can come alongside someone in their personal development and learning development using your life, Christian experiences, and education as tools. You are a role model to someone. This is a precious responsibility that is to be taken seriously, but also enjoyed. You need to be one who is growing in the Lord, and who takes His Word and precepts to heart and to life. Because someone is placing his or her trust as a counselor and teacher in you, you need to be real and growing to do this right. Therefore, you are the one the Lord will use to provide opportunities for spiritual learning, development, and growth.
Position points to remember: Your primary job is to be of a disciple of Jesus yourself first and foremost. Thus, it is vital that you maintain and grow your life as an example as a mature person who walks with the Lord.
· Be committed to following the membership covenant of _____and becoming a member if not so already.
· Have a passion for seeing growing people as followers, learners and doers of Christ as His disciples to become mature, fruitful and reproducing.
· You need to have experience mentoring and/or being mentored or be willing to be mentored so to mentor others.
· Understand and embraces ______ vision, purpose and direction.· Be a team player, and be fruitful, allow the Fruit of the Spirit to be your temperament.
· Be a supporter and active in the mentoring as your and _____ discipleship process.
· Work with Adult Ministry Pastor to develop ______ mentoring curriculum and process.
· Communicate our mentoring process to the small group leaders and adult Sunday school leaders and teachers.
· Develop and lead mentor training and oversee the helping of mentees to find a mentor.
· Help recruit and market the mentor program and keep track of the pool of people and maintain a list.
· ______ reserves the right to revise or change job responsibilities.
Remember, it is about God's Love and Fruit flowing His precepts into each of us. Each one needs to have the support to be a better learner and example. Thus, being a good example and operating In the Fruit of the Spirit is always a must. But mentorship is more than just being an example; it is putting into practice our new lives and being a learner as well as an instructor of the Christian faith (Eph. 4:29; 2 Tim. 2:1-7, 22-26; 3:10-16; 4:1-5; Heb. 3:12-15).
Take this to heart: Jesus never asked anyone to do anything without enabling them with the power to do it. Let this be your encouraging motive!
Here are some passages to consider on mentoring and discipleship: Proverbs 18:24; Matthew 7:18-24; 19:28-30; 10:1-42; Mark1:1-5; Luke 9:23-25; 48; Luke 14:26-27; John. 8:31; 12:20-26; 14; 15; 1 Cor 3:5-11; 2 Tim. 2:7; 1 Peter 3:15; 1 John 5:3.